From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView LCR Problem

So I'm running this Labview program with my LCR. The problem is, on the front panel, all of the sensor mode inputs work great. However, none of the single mode inputs work. after troubleshooting and stepping through the code multiple times, I am pretty sure that it is due to the code being stuck in an infinite loop. basically, when stepping through, the data never made it to the final case statement on the far right side of the main while loop. I've labeled it below. I just have no clue what is causing it to keep looping back to the while loop on the left of the main while loop. No error codes. I've attached the program and drivers if needed. 

JordanConte_0-1603206315287.png

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(845 Views)

Edit: it seems like we are getting to the second case structure, however, the data bypasses the for loop even if the loop count is set to 1.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(822 Views)

I am not going to try to debug a gigantic mess that covers so many screens, but the number of iterations of a FOR loop is determined by the smallest autoinexing input array. So if one of your arrays has zero length, the FOR loop contents will be skipped.

I recommend to re-architect this as a proper state machine that fits on one screen. This is currently no manageable with all these pyramids of structures inside structures.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(790 Views)