From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView FPGA Error Code -63196

Hi,

I am running LV2013 with the FPGA Module and using the Xilinx 10.1 compiler (for a PXI-7811R Virtex II FPGA card).

I can compile my FPGA vi, but then get the following error when I try to use the vi to communicate with the FPGA card:

LabView FPGA Erro.jpg

I could find very little information on this error code, except that it means an invalide attribute has been specified.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,821 Views)

Hi Matt,

Could you clarify when this error occurs?  Do you get this error when you are deploying the compiled FPGA VI to the PXI-7811R?  Or does this happen when you try to communicate with the FPGA VI from a host VI?

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,792 Views)

When I try to communicate with the FPGA vi from the Host vi.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,776 Views)

Hi Matt,

Could you provide some more context on what is happening when this error occurs?  

What is your FPGA code designed to do?  

What is your host VI designed to do?  

What operating system(s) are you using (Windows, RT OS, a combination)?  

Does your PXI chassis have an embedded controller or a MXI controller?

Is other hardware involved in your system?

Does this error occur as soon as you try to run your host VI or does it only occur when something in particular is done with the host VI?  

Is it possible to use troubleshooting techniques (such as highlight execution and/or breakpoints) to determine when this is happening in the host VI?

Would it be possible to post your code or screenshots of your code?

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,750 Views)

Hi Josh,

I tried to make a simple FPGA vi to run and test - just turn a digital output channel on for 1 ms.

FPGA Block Diagram.png

We compile this vi and it compiles with no errors:

FPGA Compiled.png

If we try to run the FPGA vi we get the following error:

FPGA vi Error.png

If we make a Host vi:

FPGA host vi Block Diagram.png

And run this we get the following error:

FPGA Host vi Error 1.png

And after pressing continue, we get this error:

FPGA Host vi Error 2.png

We are running

- Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit

- Labview 2013, 32 bit

- 2013 FPGA Module

- Labview 2013 Xilinx 10.1

Thanks,

Matt.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,717 Views)

We have an MXI-4 controller in our PXI chassis.

There is other hardware in our PXI chassis:

- GPIB card

- scope card

- dc power supply card

- DAQ card

(All NI PXI modules).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,713 Views)

Hi Matt,

Thank you for all of the additional information.  Nothing jumps out at me at the moment as something that would cause a problem.  Does the PXI-7811R show up correctly in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX)?  Do any FPGA VIs work properly with the 7811R?  Is this a new installation of LabVIEW and/or the FPGA module?

If you have always seen this behavior since the installation of the software, then perhaps something was corrupted during installation.  It may be helpful to do a repair of LabVIEW, the FPGA Module, and the Xilinx compile tools.  If this doesn't help, then a reinstallation of this software may be necessary.

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,690 Views)

Hi Josh,

Yes, the PXI-7811R shows up correctly in MAX.

We cannot get any FPGA VIs to run correctly.

We previously had everything working fine with LabView 2010, but had to upgrade to 2013, and have since had this issue.

Thanks,

Matt.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,686 Views)

Hi Matt,

It sounds like the software components may have been installed out of order during the upgrade or perhaps something became corrupted during installation. I am most suspicious of NI-RIO. NI-RIO (and other device drivers) need to be installed/upgraded last when installing/upgrading other software as well (LabVIEW, etc.). I would recommend repairing your installation of NI-RIO and then trying a force reinstall if the repair operation doesn't correct the behavior. Below are links to articles that describe how to do this. 

How Do I Uninstall or Repair National Instruments Software?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AC6ED75D3D93375686256E8E00245F0D?OpenDocument 

Force Reinstall NI Software from the Command Prompt in Windows

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ADD22E807D5A12AD862579EC00760F79?OpenDocument

Hopefully this is helpful information!

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,664 Views)