LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Driver DMM TTI1705

Good morning,
I am David Masi, LabView developer of the company EGICON, Mirandola (Italy).

I am in possession of a TTI 1705 DMM with RS232 output.

I would like to capture the serial output using LabView.
How can I do?
LabView drivers are present?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,632 Views)

Hi David,

I couldn't find any driver in ni.com/idnet when searching for TTI, 1705, or EGICON...

But as your device seems to use the RS232 port you should start with "Basic Serial Read and Write" example, after reading the manual of the DMM, which surely describes all commands and parameters! 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(2,623 Views)

Thank you.
There is one thing that did not come back, if I try to read the RS232 with a sniffer (like Docklight) I do not see anything.

I see the burst of characters with an oscilloscope, but when the Docklight take the COM I can not see anything.
But maybe this is a question that I put to the TTI.

Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,613 Views)

Hi David,

was the example useful?

How are you trying to use the sniffer? I mean, how are you generating the signal you want to sniff?

Thank you so much,

bye

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,573 Views)

Hi, David!

I've had the same problem with DMM 1705.

I did not find drivers for device. I'm using standard Visa  communication sequence to communicate with DMM.

So, here is some tips:

* First of all you need communicate with Docklight, to understand how and what comands read/send.

* I'm using non-standard RS232 wire cable. I'm using 3 wire cable,I built an adapter between a standard serial cable and the device with only 3 wires (pins 2,3,5), because with a standard RS232 cable i cant communicate neither to the Docklight nor to LabView.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,527 Views)