cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Data Does Not Match Error

Solved!
Go to solution

Good Evening Everyone!

So I am currently working on a small project on my own in order to get familiar with LabVIEW to get familiar with the harmonic distortion VI. I have been following examples and reading the help dialogue box in order to get familiar with the parameters. I keep getting these errors. I understand what they mean, but I have no idea how to address them. Does anyone know what parameters I need to adjust or changes I need to make? Once I get this working, I also wish to use the DAQ Assistant to export just the harmonic content of the signal and display it on an oscilloscope.

I just noticed that when I disconnect the signal in terminal from the DAQ Assistant, I no longer get the errors. So, is there something that I must change within the DAQ assistant?

error.JPG

block.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,466 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author alexponce

That VI is polymorphic.  One version is for 1 channel, the other is for N channels.  A connector that is scalar for 1 channel is an array for N channel.  It looks like things were wired for the 1 channel version, then the VI was changed to the N channel version which broke the wires on some of the connectors.

Go to Right Click >> Visible >>  Polymorphic selector and change it back to 1 channel.

It probably happened because the DAQ Assistant puts the blue dynamic datatype which can connect a lot of stuff, but hides the details of what the data is inside of it.  The polymorphic VI probably determined that it should automatically change to the N channel version one you wired up that blue wire.

Message 2 of 3
(2,444 Views)

Thank You! I had it set to automatic. Changing it to 1 channel corrected the issue. Thanks a bunch, I really appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,432 Views)