LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Data Accusations and control Requirement

Hello Team,

I am working on manufacturing a test skid which has Pumps , Valves and few transmitters. Our customer is very keen in using Labview for Data accusation and control. The skid has 8 DI, 8DO , 5 AI and 1 AO.

Can you please suggest the best configuration for this requirement.

Is it possible to use third party controllers and I/O like Allen Bradley and use LabVIEW for viewing and Logging Data.

Regards

Sebastian C

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(734 Views)

Hi all,

I am new to National Instrument Products. Currently I am working on manufacturing a test skid which has Pumps , Valves and few transmitters. Our customer is very keen in using Labview for Data accusation. The skid has 8 DI, 8DO , 5 AI and 1 AO.

Can you please suggest the best configuration for this requirement. The plan would be having a separate controller to control field devices and LabVIEW acts as GUI. Can you recommend what configuration can be used within NI products for controllers and I/O's.

Is it possible to use third party controllers and I/O like Allen Bradley and use LabVIEW for viewing and Logging Data.

Regards

Sebastian C

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(731 Views)

A compactRIO with the appropriate compact DAQ modules will handle the control.   You can use a LabVIEW VI or executable to provide the graphical interface.

Yes, you can use LabVIEW with other 3rd party controllers.  LabVIEW is a full-featured programming language with a large set of libraries by NI or 3rd party contributors that can handle numerous communication protocols.  I imagine for an A-B PLC, you could use a Modbus library to talk to it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(713 Views)