LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Base Edition and DAQ Analog Output

Can the Base Edition of LabView 2019 drive the analog output of an NI USB-6001 DAQ device ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,205 Views)

Yes.

As soon as you have DAQmx installed…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,196 Views)

Thanks for your quick response GerdW.

So, by needing to use DAQmx this means that the built-in DAQ Assistant with LabView Base can not be used to drive the outputs?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,179 Views)

Hi cthomas,

I'm not sure about those ExpressVIs - never used that plain Base version.

But you are better off without that DAQAssistent as DAQmx is really easy!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,164 Views)

@cthomas523 wrote:

Thanks for your quick response GerdW.

So, by needing to use DAQmx this means that the built-in DAQ Assistant with LabView Base can not be used to drive the outputs?

That doesn't make any sense.  There is on "Built-in DAQ assistant with LabVIEW Base.

The DAQ Assistant gets installed when you install DAQmx!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,150 Views)

Thanks Ravensfan.

I'm running the eval copy right now. Just trying to fill in the blanks that the "Selecting your Labview Edition" web site leaves open.

I have noticed some contradictions on that table. 

One in particular  regarding to Base Edition.  At the top there a note that says "includes basic math and signal processing"  and down in the list "signal processing" is unchecked as if it would not be available.   Some web crawling leads to the answer that basic signal processing is available in Base Edition.

I have run into a similar situation with the control of analog outputs on Base Edition.  No answers I can find for this one.

Which brings me to the forums.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,143 Views)

I am not familiar the table you are referring to.

I do know that there have been some things that were added to the Base version that weren't there several years ago.  For example, event structures.  It is possible that some of the advanced processing algorithms were added, but I don't know.  If they were, then possibly some references you found pre-date their addition to Base.

And I think while you are in evaluation mode, you can try out the fuller versions of LabVIEW to determine if they meet your needs.  Of course when the evaluation ends, you'll have to purchase whichever version you truly need.

But none of this relates to whether DAQmx is installed or not.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,137 Views)