LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 8 for Linux application distribution

I have build an application for Linux using labview application builder.
I now have a app.o file, but the application builder does not create a distribution package (unlike the windows application builder where it creates a data.cab that contains the application and runtime engine parts).
How do I distribute the runtime engine components (or know what they are and where they are)?
How do I tell an end-user how to install my program and the runtime engine?

Note:  This application does not interface any hardware.  It reads a file using the command line and writes another file.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,477 Views)

When using LabVIEW Project Explorer on a Linux system, you will not have the option to build an installer.  However, you should be able to right-click build specifications in your project and select New >> Source Distribution.  You might want to make sure that you have the LabVIEW Application Builder for Linux installed in addition to LabVIEW.  Please let me know if this does not answer your question.

LabVIEW Application Builder for Linux

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,437 Views)
If the built application does not use any NI drivers, or NI-VISA then the only other component you will need is the LabVIEW Run-time Engine.  You can download the version of the LabVIEW RTE that matches the version you built the application with from our download site http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/fn/p/sn/n17:runtime,n19:Linux,n23:4/lang/en

To install your application on another machine you should only need to install the LabVIEW RTE rpm(s) using rpm.:

rpm -Uvh *.rpm

Then copy your binary file your built with the application builder to the new machine and run it.

Shawn Bohrer
National Instruments
Use NI products on Linux? Come join the NI Linux Users Community
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,426 Views)