LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 7.1 view/edit/reset paths in foundvi

When I load VIs, LabView is loading subVIs and controls from directories that I do not want it to load from. The directories in question are directories that I may have once loaded a subVI from, but I do not want it to find other subVIs there.
I have opened Tools>>Options and selected [Paths] and [VI Search Path], and LabView shows my search path priorities as

topvi\*
foundvi
vlib>\*
userlib\*
instrlib\*

This should be the default order, because I have never previously edited this list. I do not necessarily want to reorder these (although I might, once I think about it). For now I just want to view what paths are in the setting, and hopefully even edit the list to remove the ones that I do not want. However, I cannot find anything in the manuals, or the help file, that will tell me how to view or edit the contents of foundvi.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,437 Views)
What foundvi means is that when you open a VI, LabVIEW will search for subVIs in the same folder as your main VI. However, if you have loaded a subVI from a different folder and that folder exists and the path is valid, LabVIEW will not automatically replace that path with the path to a subVI in the same folder as the main vi. Also, if you open a main VI with a subVI in one folder and open another VI with a path to a subVI in a different folder, the second VI will use the first subVI's path because LabVIEW will only open a single instance of a VI with the same name.

Now, if you want to prevent LabVIEW from loading subVIs from a particular folder, you can manually right click on each subVI and select Replace and then browse to the folder that contains the subVI. If you have a lot of subVIs, this can get pretty tedious. One quick way to make a lot of changes is to rename the folder that conatins the subVIs you don't want to load. When you next open the main VI, if the subVIs are not located in the same folder as main, then you will be prompted to locate them. Once you do that and save everything, the new paths will be part of main and you can rename the old folder back to what they where before. Note that this will only work if you don't want to use any of the subVIs in that old folder.
Message 2 of 2
(2,432 Views)