LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 7.0 Express - Image as input

Hello everybody,

I was wondering if you may give me an advise or help. Thank you in advance.

I've started working with LabView 7.0 Express and I currently need LabView to "understand" images/video. I noticed that there are examples and documentation about reading files as text, binary, etc. and I thought of giving LabView the data as it asks for in Intensity Graphs (x, y, z where z is the color "intensity"->code), but the problem with that implementation is that you can't really play with "RGB cannons" as you'd do with some image processing framework (can you?).

I've read as well that you may capture data from a webcam, so I thought that there can be an option in there. The thing is that the data is on the computer (I may use a video instead of all its frames).

Any recommendations?

Maybe it's useful to know that I'll use LabView as an intermediary between the computer (frames/video) and a projector (data show style).

Warm regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,241 Views)

What exactly do you mean by 'understanding' video?
LabVIEW has a image and signal processing toolkit that can do all types of fun stuff.

Is there some particular task you have in mind?

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,227 Views)

I've been using the tools for importing PNG images, but I thought it would be better to import a video instead of importing it's frames and then adding an user-defined delay in order to send them to the output (a projector, like a data show). Right now I'm trying to make it work by working with the png frames. The thing is that I already created all the images and in the end I need to project them (there's where the video enters as an option) with certain parameters like time per frame, for example. Later on I'll need to connect LabView with a projector.

Would you recommend me to use a list block for reading all the png files (like *.png in pattern), to give a control for the directory path and then get the paths for queuing them and then defining the time delays for the next step of displaying images? I'm trying to do that now, but idk if it's the best option.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,220 Views)