LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 2020 Activation

LabView 2016 professional development system was installed and activated. It has a license without activation expiration.

I bought LabView 2020 professional development license subscription.  LabView 2020 professional development system is now installed and activated. I realized it has "expired date: 30-May-2022." I am very surprised. In what way can I have a permanent license? I am not using LabView full time. I occasionally use LabView to help a few of my friends. I don't want to buy it every year. Best idea?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(878 Views)

@4RangN1 wrote:

LabView 2016 professional development system was installed and activated. It has a license without activation expiration.

I bought LabView 2020 professional development license subscription.  LabView 2020 professional development system is now installed and activated. I realized it has "expired date: 30-May-2022." I am very surprised. In what way can I have a permanent license? I am not using LabView full time. I occasionally use LabView to help a few of my friends. I don't want to buy it every year. Best idea?

That is definitely not right.  I would contact your NI rep, or a sales rep.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(862 Views)

That sounds like a 1 year community edition license.

Is the serial number for the 2020 version you just bought in your ni.com profile?

Did you use that serial number when you activated 2020?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(843 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

That sounds like a 1 year community edition license.

Is the serial number for the 2020 version you just bought in your ni.com profile?

Did you use that serial number when you activated 2020?

I thought of that, but LV Community Edition declares itself as such in License Manager.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(830 Views)

Yes NI sent me a serial number and I used it for activation. But it came with the label, "LABVIEW PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM, WINODWS, ALL LANGUAGES, SUBSCRIPTION LICENSE." It must be an annual license. I misunderstood what it was when I bought it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(782 Views)