cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 2009 tagsrv.exe problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I installed LV 2009 on windows XP machine. On startup of computer the error in tagsrv.exe is reported. On Distributed system manager is not possible to see shared variable on network computers. Firewall is disabled. Do you have any idea how to solved this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,470 Views)

Hi Toni

tagsvr.exe is part of Variable Engine, so an error that prevents it from starting will produce what you are seeing. Do you have any more info on the error that occurs with tagsvr?

Best Regards

David

NISW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,466 Views)

I have only report from event viewer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,462 Views)

Ok, can you go to the Control panel->Administrative Tools->Services and find the "National Instruments Variable Engine" service. Check the status of that service. If it is stopped try starting it adn see what happends.

Best Regards

David

Message 4 of 12
(6,456 Views)

- After start of computer is service status indicated as started (status_sve.jpg)

- When i try to manualy stop the service is after long time error reported (stop_sve.jpg)

- When i try to start service manualy is another error reported (start_sve.jpg)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,434 Views)

Hi Toni

It is leaning towards that something went wrong with your isntallation and that you may have to repair or reinstall. But first there are a few other things we can try. This is a long shot, but it is faster than repairing/reinstalling.

First save and close all your open documents and close all open applications. Then click the startbutton and "Run"(or hold the windows button on your keyboard and press R) type msconfig, the press OK. That opens the system configuration. Click the Services tab. Find the National instruments Variable Engine and disable it by klciking the checkbox in front of it. Then klick OK. You will be prompted to reboot. Do so. After rebooting you should not get the error message. Then go back to Administrative Tools on the Control Panel and choose Services. Again find National Instruments Variable Engine. Try starting it. This is to rule out that something at bootup interferes with the starting of the service.

Best Regards

David

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,413 Views)

Hello!

I have done all proposed action:

1. Disabled tagsrv.exe at startup of computer and later manually start. The result is the same. After startup the service system still reported same error.

2. Uninstall all NI software and install again LV 2009. At startup of tagsrv.exe is again error reported.

3. I can managed the shared variable on both PC (LV 9.0 and LV8.6), deploy is done without error, but later reading in the program the error -1950679027 is reported. All firewalls are disabled.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,369 Views)

.. .. continue post--

After one minute running the test program the another error is reported: -1950679035

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,361 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Toni2

Hi  Toni

The definitions of those errors are (you can find them here😞

Error -1950679027: NI-PSP has not connected to the server yet

Error -1950679035: Unable to locate variable in the Shared Variable Engine. Deployment of this variable may have failed.

As you can see they both have to do with Shared Variable Engine. Are you able to use the shared variables on another computer? Do you have any antivirus programs installed? In that case can you try disabeling that as well? If all else fails try reinstalling according to this instruction and then reinstall again. Sorry for the inconveniance

Best Regards

David 

Message 9 of 12
(6,357 Views)

Thanks for good solution. After reinstalation, clean and new instalation the SVE running OK

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,303 Views)