LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW makerHub and arduino

Solved!
Go to solution

Guys I am using Arduino UNO and wind sensor. I need to show wind speed and temperature. I did that with LINX and its working good, my problem now is, results showing pretty slow, can anybody help me what I need to change in my program to work good and to show results fast on the thermometer and waveform chart. I am upload my block diagram. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,119 Views)

I should state that I am not familiar with the specifics of how Linx works.  But I would start by using the Read N Channels to read both channels in the same call.  This should reduce the transmission overhead and speed things up.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 8
(4,094 Views)

I did now with read N chan. But its still slow... Do you have any idea what should I do with this to show results fast on thermometer and Waveform chart ? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,072 Views)
Define slow. Have you tried the LINX forum?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,047 Views)

When I am running program things about LINX working good I think so.. 

I think those numeric operators making things slow, so is there any way to make this calculate faster and then I think results will showing much faster on the front panel. I need to show every second on front panel about wind speed and temperature. I hope so I explain good what I need.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,033 Views)
Solution
Accepted by crossrulz

@dony_92 wrote:

I think those numeric operators making things slow, so is there any way to make this calculate faster and then I think results will showing much faster on the front panel. I need to show every second on front panel about wind speed and temperature. I hope so I explain good what I need.

Turn OFF highlight execution (the lightbulb in the toolbar).  That is a debug tool that slows your program to a crawl but shows you values as they are performed.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 8
(4,009 Views)
Your current VI runs as fast as it can and the operations are not going to be a significant delay. You still haven't explained the actual time it takes without highlighting mode on. Look at the sketch to see what is done.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,002 Views)

Oh my God ! Thank you a lot ! Its working now ! 

Spoiler
Smiley Embarassed 

I am just needed to turn OFF highlight execution ! lol

Message 8 of 8
(3,992 Views)