LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW license not found

Hello Everyone,

Since a couple of days LabVIEW starts up showing the Screen captured in `Prompt.png'.

If I use the Activate Button and set it to connect to the License Server, a `General License Error' is shown (see attachment `General_License_Error.png')

After this LabVIEW starts in the Evaluation Version and I cannot build Executables and Installers.

Take Note:

1. Checking my licenses with the License Manager, everything seems alright. (See: NI_License_Manager.png)
  2. Logging onto the License Server and chekcing the Licenses, everything looks right.
  3. Logging onto a different Computer and starting LabVIEW, no Prompt is shown and I'm able to use LabVIEW normally (i.e. fully licensed)

Does this mean my local LabVIEW installation may be broken? 

I've tried fixing this using the Package Manager, but so far nothing has worked. Anyone knwo what to do?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,737 Views)

Have you tried to de-activate and re-activate to see if that resolved the behavior?  If not, it sounds like the license file itself is corrupt and you'd want to engage support to get help with that.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,700 Views)

to clarify.

the sentence:

Does this mean my local LabVIEW installation may be broken? 

in the original post doesn't mean I have (used) a local license file on my computer.

I mean there's seems to be someting wrong locally..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,683 Views)

To add:

The License Manager shows there are both Network - and Local Licenses.

See the attached pictures.

Somehow the Local License (which starts the Evaluation Version) overrides the Network License[?]

Does anyone know how to get rid of these? 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,641 Views)

Right-click on the application and choose "Deactivate".

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,629 Views)

Hi Billko,

thank you for your suggestion.

Unfortunately, for the Local Licenses being shown in the License Manager right clicking on the License

only gives the option to Activate. It seems these can't be deleted from the License Manager in any way..(?)

See attached picture

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,612 Views)

@matys wrote:

Hi Billko,

thank you for your suggestion.

Unfortunately, for the Local Licenses being shown in the License Manager right clicking on the License

only gives the option to Activate. It seems these can't be deleted from the License Manager in any way..(?)

See attached picture

Oh, it's in eval mode.  I didn't see that the last time.  I wonder if you can clear the eval mode by activating it using someone's local license, then deactivating it?  Eval mode might be interfering with the network license.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,602 Views)