LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW keeps crashing

Could anyone shed some light on this issue? havent encountered it before,my project wasnt doing this last time i was working on it. I am trying to run a Client V.I, I deploy my Server Library and my shared variable library and then try and run my client v.i and keep gettin the below error and labview crashes. very frustrating. all help greatly appreciated as always.

labview error.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,298 Views)

@Newton1878 wrote:

Could anyone shed some light on this issue? havent encountered it before,my project wasnt doing this last time i was working on it. I am trying to run a Client V.I, I deploy my Server Library and my shared variable library and then try and run my client v.i and keep gettin the below error and labview crashes. very frustrating. all help greatly appreciated as always.

labview error.JPG

There is something wrong with this picture!

Send the crash report.  (Zip and attach it here too if you want use to help)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,279 Views)

No software (except, of course, for my code) is free of bugs.  LabVIEW Development System is a very large, complex routine that can have bugs -- the Good News is that NI puts "error traps" in place so when things go really wrong, "emergency" code kicks in, tries to save enough information to let NI diagnose and find/fix the problem, and invites you to send along the Crash Report.

LabVIEW 2011 had a number of strange crashes, particularly when used in conjunction with Network Streams.  I submitted numerous Crash Reports, and at a subsequent NIWeek, learned that the bug had been found and fixed.  I've also seen problems with LabVIEW 2017 (to the extent I've been unable to install it safely on my work PCs), so I'm depending on you and others who see crashes to submit the Report to NI so they can fix the problem.  Of course, LabVIEW 2018 is about to be released ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,263 Views)