LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW hangs during coding (bluetooth mouse?)

I have experienced this several times a day, recently.

I have ridiculously simple code, as I'm just starting, and many of my VIs are just junk attempts at modifying properties, etc.

After it hangs, sometimes I can get it to close via Task Manager; other times, I've had to reboot the machine.  If I don't reboot, when I start LabVIEW again, it wants to "recover" my unsaved work.  The option to discard doesn't really work, and neither  does recovery: in both cases, I have to reboot in order to start again.

My suspicion is that it is related to my Logitech bluetooth mouse.  I only suspect this because it is also causing all sorts of weird behaviour: its built-in scrolling and sideways scrolling are making my work just all over the screen when I brush the mouse on the way to clicking.  I feel as though LabVIEW might be receiving several requests at once (scroll sideways, left-click, right-click), and then has a nervous breakdown about it. 

Yesterday, I didn't have my mouse handy, and spent several hours coding with the trackpoint button on my laptop.  I didn't hang once.

Thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,835 Views)

You've done the right experiment (but may want to replicate it with yet another mouse).  I often use wireless mice and trackballs, often made by Logitech, and have never had trouble, but I've not (to my knowledge) used a Bluetooth Mouse.  You might need to use a different mouse ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,832 Views)

Are the batteries holding a proper charge level?

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,814 Views)

Batteries on the mouse?  Sure seems like it: I go for several days and never need to charge it.  I don't think it's ever actually run out: I just charge it when it's been a while.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,811 Views)

Have you had any luck with your problem yet? Did using another mouse help the situation. If you have more problems, please contact National Instruments at ni.com/ask

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,768 Views)
A collegue had a simimar problem, but only certain days. It was some collision with another collegues mouse and only happened on the days he was at the office ...
/Y
G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,732 Views)