From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW graph Update mode

I am able to update LabVIEW graph from left to right or right to left , but is there any way that my graph can be updated from center(middle of graph)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,862 Views)

Hi piZviZ,

is there any way that my graph can be updated from center(middle of graph)?

How should that look like?

Anyway: with a graph you can control the x axis (using property nodes) very nicely. You can also determine which and where to add points/samples in the plot(s). This should work with a waveform graph. In case of problems you can also use the XY graph with even more control of the the points in your plot(s).

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,860 Views)

Graphs don't "update", they just display whatever data comes in on the wire. Are you talking about charts instead (they have several update modes!).

Please explain what you mean by "middle"? For a chart, you can definitely set the x-scale in a way that there is space on the other side of valid points, i.e. the update occurs in the middle. A waste of pixels, but maybe that's what you want. 😉

Please attach an image to explain what you have in mind.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,838 Views)

Yes, I want same thing which you told about chart update. Can you post a simple example.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,807 Views)

@piZviZ wrote:

Yes, I want same thing which you told about chart update. Can you post a simple example.

It is not clear what you are replying to and I told many things. Sorry, I was wrong, you cannot set the axis outside the history length, but you could use use a black decoration. Still seems quite silly. What's the purpose of all this?

WeirdChart.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,801 Views)