cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW freezing while VI is running

Solved!
Go to solution

LabVIEW freezing while VI is running

I am not really sure this is the right place to post this, but I have run into a bit of a problem with a VI that I am making and I am pretty stuck. Basically the VI controls flow of a couple of gasses and their concentrations. When the VI runs for a long time, usually > 30 hours, it will just completely lock up. I checked Task Manager to see if there was any large memory or cpu usage, but everything seemed normal.

I attached the VI, and would be very appreciative if anyone could take a look and point out anything that looks funny.

System:

Windows 7

LabVIEW 2015

cDAQ-9174 with NI-9263 and NI-9205 modules

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(755 Views)

Re: LabVIEW freezing while VI is running

You are endlessly growing the waveforms near the top of the loop.  It looks like you are putting in a new sample every half second.  So 7200 per hour.  216,000 samples after 30 hours.  Maybe that's not too much, but it sure seems like a lot of data to be accumulating.

I'd recommending getting rid of the DAQ Assistant and use regular DAQmx functions like you used elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(733 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author slines
11-02-2016 11:39 AM

I am not seeing a reason to accumulate the data with the Build Array.  Just use the chart and it keeps a history for you.  If you want to see more data, either increase the number of samples it stores and/or use a Producer/Consumer to log the data in another loop and view the data later.

But that Build Array is definately your problem.

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines

The discussions from the Advanced User Track is not over. Join in the conversation: 2016 Advanced Users Track
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(700 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I made these changes and it seems to be working now.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(597 Views)