From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW exe cannot find power supply - Development code has no problem

I have created a VI (LV 2019) to automatically detect the resource name of a specific model of power supply. It is the very first thing that happens in a larger, more complex test routine. I have had no problems running it on my development machine. I created a exe build and deployed it to another computer. I expect the "VISA resource Teledyne PS" indicator to return a value like "ASRL:INSTR" what I get is "GPIB::INTFC" I have no idea how that would appear based on my little VI.

What I get.PNG

MAX does not see the power supply at all and Windows Device Manager shows it as this.PS Dev Mgr Prob.PNGMax Usual.PNG

Also the target machine has been updates to new drivers. I think they should be good. See this below.Target Max SW.PNG

I have attached the VI if someone could look it over for me please.

Thanks in advance, Chris

One should welcome adversity as an opportunity to excel.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,467 Views)

It looks like you're connecting to the USB port on the instrument.

Have you installed the USB driver for this instrument? https://www.gwinstek.com/en-global/products/detail/GPP-Series

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,459 Views)

I am installing that driver on the target machine. I will keep that link for other things as well. Whenever I went to the Teledyne site there was no power supply support. I am using the USB output from the PS but device manager and MAX see it as as a serial port. I will give this a try..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,451 Views)
Yes USB instruments often show up as a virtual COM port, and sometimes require a USB driver.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,442 Views)

The driver made the computer see it, and had to add in this string constant to look for the correct stuff. Power supply still does not come one, but one small step in the right direction. Thanks for help.

Daddy-O_0-1604605829330.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,431 Views)
"Power supply still does not come one, but one small step in the right direction. Thanks for help."
Can you explain this a little? Your LabVIEW program is not controlling the power supply as expected?
How do you get your executable onto the target machine? Do you create an installer and let LabVIEW automatically include any dependencies it needs?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,411 Views)

I had built this VI to write to a file required by the power supply called OP.log in C:\My Documents. It turns out that this machine did not have the my documents folder. I added the folder and everything is working fine now. Thanks for all the input!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,409 Views)
Great, glad you were successful!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,406 Views)