From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW error -200284

Hello all, 

I have a labview -200284, program was running without any issues for a very long time. we got max data base corrupted error, NI configuration manager and NI device loader not running on system config. but were are able to recover from these. 

could it be a software issue given that no one touched the program? what are some of the solutions I could try out?

Thanks in advance. 

Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(931 Views)

Can you post the code?  There are *way* too many possible causes to start speculating without it.

Have you had any long successful runs since recovering from the MAX database and other errors?  Or did the -200284 start showing up immediately *after* those recoveries?

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(914 Views)

I can't post the code its too big file beside we didn't mess with the code at all, however after recovering from corrupt MAX database error we didn't have a successful run at all.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(876 Views)

Well, it sounds like the recovery process made a change to your system configuration somewhere.

That particular error code is a DAQmx timeout.  It gets thrown if a call to DAQmx Read has to wait too long to accumulate the # of samples requested.  Both timeout value and #  of samples are values that can be specified by the programmer.  Unfortunately however, neither seems particularly likely to have been modified by a MAX database recovery.

Another way to get timeouts is to rely on an external signal for a sample clock and have that signal be absent.  But that seems like a pretty unlikely scenario as well, especially under the theory that a MAX database recovery would have caused it.

I would have expected a failed recovery to result in different kinds of errors than a timeout -- devices not found, resource conflicts, things that go along with MAX reverting various config settings to their defaults.  A DAQmx timeout suggsts that the device was found ok, the task configuration generally checked out, and the task was able to be started.

I'm afraid I can't come up with a short list of clear and obvious things to try.  If you post the code, someone might be able to help more.  (Can't promise it'll be me though.)

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(865 Views)

@Kevin_Price wrote:

Well, it sounds like the recovery process made a change to your system configuration somewhere.

That particular error code is a DAQmx timeout.  It gets thrown if a call to DAQmx Read has to wait too long to accumulate the # of samples requested.  Both timeout value and #  of samples are values that can be specified by the programmer.  Unfortunately however, neither seems particularly likely to have been modified by a MAX database recovery.

Another way to get timeouts is to rely on an external signal for a sample clock and have that signal be absent.  But that seems like a pretty unlikely scenario as well, especially under the theory that a MAX database recovery would have caused it.

I would have expected a failed recovery to result in different kinds of errors than a timeout -- devices not found, resource conflicts, things that go along with MAX reverting various config settings to their defaults.  A DAQmx timeout suggsts that the device was found ok, the task configuration generally checked out, and the task was able to be started.

I'm afraid I can't come up with a short list of clear and obvious things to try.  If you post the code, someone might be able to help more.  (Can't promise it'll be me though.)

-Kevin P

I think if a predefined task were missing, you'd get different errors, right?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(855 Views)

I think if a predefined task were missing, you'd get different errors, right?

Yeah, there's distinct errors for referencing devices or tasks or channels by names that are different than what MAX has configured.  Those are the kinds of errors I'd look for after an auto-recovery of the MAX database.  Not a mere timeout error after a task was successfully configured and started.

-Kevin P

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(839 Views)