LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW crashes when insert .NET controls

Hi:

I just installed/activated LabVIEW 2019 SP1. Whenever I tried to insert .NET controls in .NET container, LabVIEW crashes with the message: Exception: Unknown (0x00000000) at EIP=0x00A8A48B. I tried to repair/reinstall LabVIEW a few times and still can't get it to work.

Please kindly let me know how to resolve this issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,126 Views)

Here is the labview log.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,088 Views)

Is it ANY .NET control, or one specific one?  Have you tried it with many?

Also, I see you're using LabVIEW 64-bit.  Many parts of LabVIEW behave badly in 64-bit, so it's recommended to use 32-bit for everything unless you actively need the extra memory space that 32-bit doesn't have.  It could be that in 32-bit it would work fine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,085 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

Basically, LabView crashes when I right-click on "insert .net controls" in .net container. So, it's not about any specific .net controls. I just couldn't insert any.

I originally installed 32-bit and crashes as I tried to use .net controls. Then I tried 64 bit, it still crashes. I tried NI package manager to repair. I also tried removing all add-on and re-installed LabVIEW only. It still crashes. I am quite confused now as I never had this kind of issue when I worked with early versions of LabVIEWs before.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,074 Views)

This sounds like it might actually be an issue with the Global Assembly Cache on your PC, and not a problem with your LabVIEW install specifically.

I'm not 100% sure here but I believe that when you try to insert a .net control it accesses the GAC to look for all assemblies that might have an insert-able control in them.  If one of them is corrupt somehow it might throw an error that LabVIEW can't handle.

Can you do other .NET things in LabVIEW?  Creating constructor nodes and choosing a class, property and invoke nodes, etc.?

Maybe try things like upgrading or reinstalling your .NET framework?

I've heard that .NET Core doesn't work with LabVIEW, do you have that installed?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,042 Views)

I have exactly that same issue, were you able to fix it?

I'm using LabVIEW 2019 Professional Development System Version 19.0f2 (32-bit)

running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

ArturoEstanislao_0-1595016605388.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,917 Views)