LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW crashes when ending VI

Hi there

I've using some SSH libraries to create a terminal to comunicate with a RP board froms STEMlab. It works great, but, when I use de sequence to stop de VI, it aborts with no errors and then just crash down LabVIEW.

Here I make a short video to show you how it works

https://youtu.be/U2Yfn8zyzi8

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,237 Views)

I haven't looked at the video, as you say it "shows how it works", but it crashes LabVIEW, which I presume is not how it is supposed to work.  Do you want some help in fixing it?  Then please attach your code -- we can't "guess" what you did wrong.  Do not send a picture -- we cannot (easily) modify or test pictures.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,186 Views)

And with the admin edit.  I would avoid that attachment.   Unless Kristi wants to add a note.

@Bob.... haven't we had this discussion?  I can guess... he wrote a bug maybe or found one perhaps.  Easy!

Yes, I have a badge for Troubleshooting LabVIEW.   Got it yesterday!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,180 Views)

I asked the admin to delete it because it was an upload of the Labwerx SSH libraries.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 4 of 5
(2,155 Views)

Last year, I was running into issues with LabVIEW 2016 where it would crash if I did not properly shut down the SSH .NET library, which I am pretty sure the Labwerx library uses.  So make sure you are properly closing those references.  Do NOT use the Abort button.  Make sure you clear out any errors before attempting to close the references.

FYI, my case turned out to be I got an error in the middle of the application and the error caused the Dispose method to not execute, leaving references open.  This then crashed LabVIEW at some later point (don't remember the exact details of when the crash happened, perhaps on the next run or when I tried to close the VI).  This is why I recommend you make sure the errors are cleared before going into the close methods.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 5
(2,147 Views)