From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW could not create the requested endpoint (Messenger Ack Writer)

I wanted to play with Channels, and check the Channel bug shown here: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Messenger-Channel-Wire-ack-read-write-behavior/m-p/3699980/highligh...

Then I realized I see again a strange behaviour which I discovered some time ago. As I remember, I asked about this Channel behaviour in the forum, but somehow i cannot find that post again...

So I just tried to create that example in the above post. I started with that "id ack write" Num control. However, when I simply try to create a "Write ack" node for this U32 control, I get an error. I can only create ACK (Read/write) nodes, if first I create a "normal" Messenger Write node, from this I can create a ACK Read, and finally I can create the ACK Write node.

I accept if this is the expected behaviour (why would someone use ACK without Messenger Write/Read nodes?), but then LabVIEW should tell me some meaningful warning, like "Do not do this, because bla bla bla...". And not this error msg, which does not make any sense to me...

ack_LV.png

blabla.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,791 Views)

Hello

i got the same error, but when i right click on the channel wire message writer function connector wait for ack (F) and then create the channel mesage write with ACK it works.

channel wire message.PNG

best regards
Alexander
Message 2 of 4
(2,724 Views)

@Duffy2007 wrote:

Hello

i got the same error, but when i right click on the channel wire message writer function connector wait for ack (F) and then create the channel mesage write with ACK it works.

channel wire message.PNG

Exactly. As I mentioned this in my post. Anyway, this is a very corner case, so I do not think it is something to fix now...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,715 Views)

2019 f2 and still the same issue!

Lucky I found this thread. I would never have found that trick myself.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,248 Views)