From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW causing unstable readout

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all

I'm measuring the temperature of my sample using a Lakeshore 331S. Without LabVIEW the temp reading on the lakeshore is stable, and in agreement with pyrometer measurements. When I run the VI the output from the VI gives a very unstable temperature, fluctuating up to about 3 kelvin. The output on the Lakeshore also becomes unstable, but it seems to fluctuate even more (roughly 10 kelvin). When I stop running the VI the output on the lakeshore immediately stabilizes again.

I'm testing these connections out on the example VI's available from the Lakeshore 331S drivers found online (http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=7094CC81B2146DD9E04400144FB7D2...). In particular I'm using the "application temperature controller" VI.  I'm running LabVIEW 2015 so I have 2015 driver.

I'm reading on a k-type thermocouple and my lakeshore is connected via an RSC-232c null modem cable

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(627 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JBrown97

Definitely seems like the settings are completely different when you run the VI vs when running standalone. Please verify if all the configurations match.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(597 Views)