LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW application builder asks for DVD but software was downloaded, what to do?

Solved!
Go to solution

I need to add an additional installer and the app builder asks me for the DVD, but since I installed from the Internet I don't have any DVDs. What is the solution?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,261 Views)

What is the exact message it gives you? What is your LabVIEW version? What did you select under "additional installers"?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,227 Views)

It is LabVIew 2018, I selected NI-VISA Runtime 15.0, and it says "Some installers you selected for this build are not available on this computer." and asks for "NI Software Portfolio 2018 DS2 DVD 3", and in it, "NI Systems Components".

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,222 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author UlfE

@UlfE wrote:

I selected NI-VISA Runtime 15.0 ....

Was this part of the automatic selection or did you manually select it? If so why?

Sorry, I don't use VISA myself, but VISA (V5.4 ...V19) is available for download. Not sure if that would include the run time too.

Message 4 of 7
(2,218 Views)

The app requires VISA to function. I have it on the machine but it requires the additional installer for the VISA runtime. I have not been able to figure out a way to add it manually, and I don't have that DVD nor "NI SYSTEM COMPONENTS" on the harddrive. In the worst case I have to ask each customer to run the VISA runtime installer separately, but in all previous versions it has been possible to include it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,195 Views)
Did you install Device Drivers or only LabVIEW? Make sure Device Drivers are installed or use the link from @altenbach and select "Full" in the "Included Edition" drop down - this should install the run time as well.
Lucian
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,137 Views)

Downloading VISA 2019 solved the problem. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,107 Views)