From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW, append image to excel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone, 

I am trying to move an image into an excel spreadsheet, but I receive the error you can see in the attachments. 

I also include the VI. 

I would appreciate some help, as I do not understand what exactly goes wrong and how to fix it. 

Thank you all in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,335 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author akara

It looks like it can't find your image. What is your image path?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,313 Views)

GregoryJ is probably correct as to why you got the error.  When I ran your code with a path to a .PNG in the "Path or URL of Image" input, Excel opened with my image in Cell A1 and no error.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,304 Views)

Thanks for your reply but I doubt that the issue is that the picture cannot be found. 

I am almost certain that the issue comes from the fact that I have a 32bit excel and I am using the 64bit LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,290 Views)

Hi,

I am using LV 2017 64-bit and an excel 32-bit, but the VI works correctly! Excel opens with an image on A1 and no error.

I agreed to the post before and think that there is a problem with the path to your .png file

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,287 Views)

Hi Guys, 

Yes you are right. 

I am using a constant for the figure path and not a control and my problem was that I forgot to add the extension of the image and apparently that caused the issues. I am testing it now and it looks ok. 

Thanks a lot for you quick response guys and I am sorry for my stupid question.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,282 Views)

Don't forget to mark GregoryJ's quick response as the "Solution" (only you can do that).

Bob Schor

Message 7 of 7
(4,260 Views)