LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW and "Contact ID" protocol from Adenco

Hello Friends!
I need to connect a residential alarm switch via Ethernet using Adenco's "Contact ID" protocol.
Has anyone done this yet?
Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,831 Views)

Hey Arnaldo,

I've never heard of this protocol, but I can help you with some guidance.

I have some questions for you?

1. Do you know if this Contact ID Protocol is defined over some communication Standard Protocol, like TCP/IP, UDP, etc.? In case it is, your job would be understand how to exchange messages between the devices and the PC. Probably you will find some manual explaining how to send commands and receive data on the web.
  2. Do you know if the vendor offers drivers or libraries to communicate with this device? If they do, you should try to get their DLLs and import it in LabVIEW. However, this is generally very complex, since those DLLs usually are not well documented for Developers.
  3. Is there an application that you can use to program the device? If so, you may use LabVIEW to control it, of course if the application offers any type of interface for it.
  4. Have you ever heard of someone who has been able to communicate with your device using any other programming Language?

In summary, I'm trying to figure out the interfaces we can use to make LabVIEW communicate with your alarm.

Sincerely,

Felipe Flores
Applications Engineer II
National Instruments Brazil

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,784 Views)