LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW and online database

Depends on the server you are using. What you want to know is what the expected home directory for webpages is. That is where you put your files.

A good way to proceed might be to talk to the folks that configured and are maintaining the server. They can give you detailed information.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,274 Views)

Hello Mike,

I've gotten the php script to run about 90%.  I am using the "UPDATE tablename SET columnname='.$_POST["data"].' WHERE row='2' ";" instead of INSERT command that you have on your website.  The php script works when I don't use the $_POST['data'] but replace it with an actual string like, 'hello'. LabVIEW calls the phpscript and the database is updated with the 'hello' string.

But when I use the $_POST, I get syntax errors. I have varied the single quotes and double quotes in the brakets since I think that is where the error is located and that is the line specified by server.   

Sam if you have some inputs please let me know.

thanks,

Frank

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,233 Views)
Are you actually sending a variable called 'data' in your POST HTTP request?

In typical html forms, when you 'POST' a form - the names of the fields get translated into $_POST['fieldname'] in PHP - they're your POST variables.

If you're having syntax errors, you'd probably need to post your entire script.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,176 Views)

Hello Sam,

sorry for the late reply. I got busy on another project.

Yes, I am sending data='Welcome'.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,157 Views)