LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW and UR5 Robots

Hello forum,

I have a few VIs that I would like to control via a higher-level GUI that's been developed with C#.

The C# program would run the VIs that the user tells it to run. The VIs are collecting measurement data from an UR5 robot automated process, and this data is being sent to a SQL database.

Everything right now is being handled with interupts, i.e. there is no communication between the UR5 & LabVIEW. I was hoping that with this C# "background" application, it could do some bookkeeping between the robot and LabVIEW. For example, if the part failed a certain test, the UR5 robot would put the part into a bin that's specific to some failed test (i.e. a bad pump bin, a bad valve bin, current too low bin).

From the information I've gathered, I would create the DLLs in LabVIEW and then have the C# application take over the LabVIEW stuff?

How would I go about integrating the UR5 into this mix?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,072 Views)

@PetterJhon wrote:

Hello forum,

I have a few VIs that I would like to control via a higher-level GUI that's been developed with C#.

The C# program would run the VIs that the user tells it to run. The VIs are collecting measurement data from an UR5 robot automated process Totsukuni no Shoujo Online There, and this data is being sent to a SQL database.

Everything right now is being handled with interupts, i.e. there is no communication between the UR5 & LabVIEW. I was hoping that with this C# "background" application, it could do some bookkeeping between the robot and LabVIEW. For example, if the part failed a certain test, the UR5 robot would put the part into a bin that's specific to some failed test (i.e. a bad pump bin, a bad valve bin, current too low bin).

From the information I've gathered, I would create the DLLs in LabVIEW and then have the C# application take over the LabVIEW stuff?

How would I go about integrating the UR5 into this mix?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So, Everything right now is being handled with interupts, i.e. there is no communication between the UR5 & LabVIEW. I was hoping that with this C# "background" application, it could do some bookkeeping between the robot and LabVIEW. For example, if the part failed a certain test, the UR5 robot would put the part into a bin that's specific to some failed test

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,820 Views)