From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW and LEGO NXT blocks

Hi. I'm trying to integrate a linear actuator with the LEGO NXT software. Does anyone have any experience with creating a new block in LabVIEW and importing it into LEGO? Alternatively, has anyone successfully modified an existing block? I've read through the NXT_Creating_Mindstorms_Block.pdf but was unsuccessful in seeing the changes I had made while following the tutorial. I'm not having any luck figuring out where I went wrong.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,537 Views)

As an alternative, does anyone know how to modify the motor block for importing into the LEGO software? By this I mean modifying the config.vi, the draw.vi, etc. Is it possible to modify the existing vi's? I couldn't locate them in the addon Toolkit vi.lib folder and wasn't sure even I would even have access to them. Any assistance with respect to this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,532 Views)

Leanne,

There is a separate forum dedicated to the LabVIEW Fans of LEGO, if you post your question there you will probably have more success.

This forum can be found here.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,516 Views)
Thank you. I have posted my question on the other forum you suggested. Fingers crossed, I get a response soon. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,462 Views)