LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW and JMP

Happy Friday folks,

I'm trying to make LabVIEW (7.1) talk to JMP (www.jmp.com).  Does anyone have experience with this?

JMP's documentation says it supports COM, so this should be possible, but I'd hate to reinvent the wheel if there's already a product out there.

Thanks,

Joe Z.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,662 Views)
Turns out to be easier than I thought.  I can run with it from this point Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,646 Views)
Does anyone have any more information on this subject?  I am looking to use Labview to operate a force stand and take the data collected and hopefully put it into JMP automatically.  The example given is a little unclear to me, any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,536 Views)
Well, I did what I could Smiley Wink

Check the attachment for a further example (LV7.1 and JMP 6.0).  The example creates a new JMP file, and adds 10 rows and a column, and populates the column with random data from LV.

The key to the whole thing is the automation open.  You can obtain a reference to the JMP COM object by dropping an automation refnum on the LV front panel, right clicking on it, and choosing Select ActiveX class, Browse...  From there, select the JMP version 1.0 item from the drop down menu, and the Application item from the listbox.  Of course, you'll need JMP on the machine for this to work.

From there, it's just finding and calling the methods and properties that you want... not always an obvious exercise.  There is a very large object model in JMP to explore, but the help (particularly for JMP 6.0) is pretty well written.

Good luck,

Joe Z.
Download All
Message 4 of 5
(3,516 Views)
Thanks, I think having the actual VI will help me.  I was trying to go off of the .jpg and something was being lost in my translation back to labview.  I also hope that I can get it working with my JMP4 since we are to cheap to upgrade.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,500 Views)