LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW - Which version do I need? (Base or Full)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Folks,

Apologies for the ambiguous title, I'm new to LabVIEW and not sure where to start.
I need to acquire vibration signals using CompactDAQ NI-9234 sound and vibration module in a USB chassis.
My question is, do I need the Base or Full version of LabVIEW for this.  There are no checkmarks against signal measurement on the Base package, however I'm not sure if my application is a signal processing or just an acquisition in terms of the LabVIEW environment.

As background, the application is two accelerometers mounted on an end effector of a 2-axis servo driven assembly (horizontal and vertical travel), I need to measure the acceleration/vibration in order to compute the force should there be an impact with an object that shouldn't be in it's path.  I have been given the hardware setup details for measurement but there are no details on the software required.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,333 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jonathan_AGR

Hi Jonathan,

for taking measurements the Base edition is sufficient.

With Full you get a lot more math/signal processing functions - you would need to recreate them from scratch when using the Base edition…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 3
(2,331 Views)

Note that those versions requires you to run from the development system. If you want to build it into a .exe you'll need to get the Application Builder separatly or the Professional version.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,277 Views)