LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Unit Test Framework: mysterious error message

Hi,

I'm using LabVIEW's Unit Test Framework with setup and teardown VIs and I'm getting the following error (in German):

"LabVIEW:  Ungültiger Anschluss.

Methodenname: Element an Anschluss zuweisen"

In English something like:

"LabVIEW:  Invalid connection.

Method name: Assign element to connector."

The strange thing is that it works both 1) with the setup.vi but without the teardown.vi and 2) with the

teardown.vi but without the setup.vi, but it doesn't work if they're used at the same time.

Any help/hint would be welcome.

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,250 Views)

Can you attach error message or VI itself(In english Smiley Wink).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,244 Views)

Thanks Ranjeet for your cooperation. Unfortunately, in German LabVIEW I only see the German error text. Well, sometimes English if it was not translated 🙂

Interestingly, the problem occurs only when we exceed a certain number of terminals in the setup and teardown VIs, which seems to confuse LabVIEW.

We managed to find a work around: we bundled these terminals into a cluster, which can be unboundled by the unit test framework.

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,225 Views)

There has to be someting which is causing error. Can't say untill you post the VI. You can post your VI atleast

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,217 Views)

What is setup and teardown VIs ? Use some error out to see the source of error by using simple error handler. 

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,216 Views)