LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW: TDMS file data could not be converted into the specified data type.

Hi lorc,

@lorc34 wrote:

I will try put it outside the while loop however that I believe I already tried that and it took a picture of the waveform chart at the beginning of the program which is not what I want, I need it at the end or else it will not show any of the day's data

As I wrote (and have shown) before: use "THINK DATAFLOW" to enforce the execution order!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(533 Views)

How do you use 'THINK DATA FLOW' to enforce the execution order? I don't understand. Is this something in your code that forces the code inside the while loop to operate first? Is it the little blue box with 'I32' and waveform chart beside it? Or the little yellow box?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(523 Views)

Hi lorc,

when you don't know about "Think Dataflow!" then you should start with the Training resources as offered at the top of the LabVIEW board…

Dataflow: code is executed when data is available. Code is finished when all nodes inside that code block have finished. That's the basic principle of LabVIEW!

@lorc34 wrote:

Is it the little blue box with 'I32' and waveform chart beside it? Or the little yellow box?

There are no "boxes", there are indicators and constants. One is an I32 numeric indicator, the other is a simple error constant (reduced to icon view). This also is basic LabVIEW knowledge: did I mention the Training resources yet?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(512 Views)

So do you think the 'error saving image to disk' is a result of my code not being right? Is it normal that the Export image function will not work when inside a case structure? 

Edit: Also I meant to say I am using Labview 8.5 not Labview 2007. Its just that 8.5 was released around then and thats a very long time ago so most people probably have a different version of labview to me incase that mattered.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(509 Views)

I found the problem I believe, it was the path name I was inputting into the function was a path that had not been created yet. With the Write to Measurement File function, it automatically creates the path if its not there. With the export image function it seems to need the folder already there to put the image in. So I have used your example of data flow using the Error dataflow to make sure the folder is created by Create Folder and then the Export image functions are ran after. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(447 Views)