LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Splash screen background processes

All,

I've recently run into a few problems with the splash screen popping up which slows down some of my LabVIEW processes when it launches during a TestStand sequence.  I've read articles to stop the splash screen from popping up, and I'm good with running the TestStand sequence with the runtime engine.

With all that said, my question becomes, what processes are being used to call the popup to appear?  I found it extremely odd that it would interfere with a running VI (the VI is one where the front panel is called).

I've always been able to ignore this problem, but I'd really like to understand what's being called to try and understand why it would interfere with a running VI in case it's something that may popup from another source.  I'm curious about the TestStand window activation setting and am not sure of it's function.

I've struck out trying to search information about the LabVIEW splash screen that could help me, would anyone be able to point out what's happening or some good reading material where I can start my research?

Thanks,

Bill

John 3:16
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(875 Views)

So, just to confirm, you're running TestStand, which calls assorted VIs, and you have this selection made in your TestStand configuration:

Kyle97330_0-1616090164066.png

(It may look a little different based on which versions of things you have, but you get the idea...)

But even with that set up, it's still occasionally starting up LabVIEW to run VIs instead of using the run-time engine?

I used TestStand a while ago, but not recently, so this is just guessing, I'm not an expert.  But I would guess it's one of two things:

1. You're opening a VI compiled in a version that doesn't have a compatible run-time engine installed, so it has to be run in the development system

2. You're running a VI that has calls to programmatically open other VIs inside of it, and it's opening those in the development system.

Basically, I'd see if you can switch to stepping through the VI calls in your sequence, find which ones pop up the splash screen, then look for a commonality.  Either a version they were saved in, or a function call or a subVI call that might be causing it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(826 Views)