LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Software Platform Bundle Fall 2017 edition coming?

I have usually made a deployment package for our classrooms etc. yearly, to be deployed on christmas break.

However, I cannot yet find any "Software Platform Bundle Fall 2017 English Web-Based Installer" on the download site. Last year, it was added there on August.

Is such a "Fall 2017" bundle still coming before next year? This would be useful information, because if it is not coming I would make the new package from the "Spring 2017" installer.

- Jouni Alkio / Aalto University / Finland

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,967 Views)

I expect some of the change is due to NI Week shifting this year.  In the past, you've been installing the newly released version from August's NI Week.  If the fall release isn't out in time for your typical plan, the Spring was from May and should be comparable. 

If I were in your shoes, I'd keep an eye out for the SP1 release.  But, I'd stick with the Spring release as a safe option in case we don't see the Fall before your break.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,927 Views)

The terms "Fall" and "Spring" are clearly misnomers and confusing.  When LabVIEW came out in August, and the software made it to most customers in September, the Distribution Media was labeled "LabVIEW 2015" and "LabVIEW, Fall 2015, and any Service Pack, typically released in February, was (confusingly) called both "LabVIEW 2015 SP1" and "LabVIEW, Spring 2016".  Then, in 2017, NI moved its cycle back three months, so LabVIEW 2017 was released in May, getting to customers in June.  It should (logically) have been called LabVIEW, Summer 2017, but they called it LabVIEW, Spring 2017.  One could expect LabVIEW 2017 SP1 to be released in the November/December 2017 time frame, which is definitely not "Fall 2017", but with Marketing calling the shots, who knows what the name will be?

I do expect that the release of LabVIEW 2017 SP1 is imminent, whatever its name ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,916 Views)

I noticed today that it became available.

I do have a serious problem with silent installation on Local System account that for example MS ConfigMgr uses for deployments. Will create a new thread if I don't find an answer.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,795 Views)