LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Server/Client Oven Controller

Attached is a project that I have been working on. Currently, this program is working as we want it to in order to control our thermal chambers. All of our chambers use the same controllers so all that needs to be changed on this program to work on different ovens is the com port. We are now wanting to turn this into a server/client type program. I am completely new to these types of programs and have absolutely no background in this. I have gone through the examples in LabVIEW and still have some confusion about how best to make this work. I want to allow the server/client program to control about ten thermal chambers throughout the facility and allow anyone from anywhere to start a profile. I really have no clue how to best implement this though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(863 Views)

You probably want to open a TCP listener so that any number of clients can connect and send a message to do things to an oven.

Check out this example that should have shipped with your LabVIEW install:

<your LabVIEW directory>\examples\Data Communication\Protocols\TCP\TCP Multiple Connections\TCP Multiple Connections.lvproj

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(856 Views)

Yes, I understand that part. What I was asking was something more along the lines of how should a server program look and how should a client program look. I image the queued message handler that I have would be more like what I expect the client program to look like. Then maybe a state machine for the server?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(791 Views)