From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Project

Hello everyone, I'm working on project in LabVIEW in that I recieve GPS data (Longitude, Latitude) from my UAV and I want to use these data to display the position of my UAV on a map.

How can I create a map in LabVIEW such as the Google map and display the UAV position as marker in real time?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(649 Views)

I think this is going to be a fairly ambitious project.  It will most likely involve using Google's map API, finding a way to display that in a LabVIEW VI, then overlaying your UAV icon over it.  I do not know anything about the Google API, but I assume it relies on a web browser, so maybe .NET?  I am assuming that you already know how to get the GPS data from the streaming info of your UAV.

I hope you are proficient in LabVIEW programming or that will be one more obstacle to overcome.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(627 Views)