LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Packed Project Libraries

I am using LabVIEW packed libraries for quite some time now. There is one thing I am not unable to wrap my head around.

My setup has a number of interfaces such DIO, AIO and such. Each of this interface is implemented through their individual LabVIEW library. I am distributing the interface application as a packed library that user can call in his/her script.

This time I created a single LabVIEW projects and added the LVLIBs under that and create packed library build for each. 
After the build was done, I removed all the libraries. When there was some change requested, I just updated and moved the source code of only that interface lets say AI.

Now when I am trying to build this, the LabVIEW project still throws an error saying that the other LVLIBs are missing which are DIO and AO. I know this a valid error when you are building one executable. 

But I am not sure why LabVIEW needs to see the other libraries which in fact does not depend on each other. I want to understand the thought process behind this when everything is independent. It is quite irritating!

Regards,

Runjhun

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,779 Views)

Sounds like a process issue.  What I do is have a project just for maintaining the PPL sources and building the PPLs.  Your main project should then call out the PPLs.  I have a feeling your code is still referencing VIs that were in the lvlib and not the lvlibp like they should be.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,752 Views)

Well, my project is exactly the way you mentioned. The problem was even if one project library was broken, LabVIEW was not allowing me to build packed library for other lvlib. I had remove the broken lvlib and then build the required packed library even though they were not dependent upon one another.

There might be some unresolved dependencies which I need to find out and ensure they are no more there.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,711 Views)