cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW PID for heating

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am working to create a thermal test bench for a 4 inch wafer and I will be working with a TS series power supply (magna power supply). I have to create a PID control on LabVIEW for heating. So the way this works is that I will be using a thermocouple to measure the temperature of a certain part of my wafer (my input) and the temperature reading will be read by Labview and therefore my PID controller will decide the amount of current I will need (my output) which will then send that value to the magna power supply. Has anyone every made a PID control like this before on LabVIEW? I am a tad bit stuck and this is my first time making a PID control so I would really appreciate the help! Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,217 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alex.Engr.14

Hi Alex,

I use PID controls all the time for heating, cooling, keeping pressure - as long as your system works in a (more or less) linear way you can use PIDs to control it…

I am a tad bit stuck and this is my first time making a PID control so I would really appreciate the help!

Why don't yo start with those example VIs in the example finder?

There are also examples explaining PID usage…

Btw. it helps when you have heard about Mr. Ziegler and Mr. Nichols before!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(2,178 Views)

Hi Guys! 

I am creating a PID that controls the amount of current that the power supply will emit to a thermal test wafer. I am confused on how this process works. How does a PID in LabVIEW control my magna power supply? I will be using cDAQ-913. I will also be using a thermocouple to read the temperature of a certain area of my wafer and based on those temperature reading my PID control will either increase or decrease the current. I just want to know the process of how this works. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,149 Views)

Why start a new thread with the same question?

Your messages have been merged into the original thread.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,134 Views)

Because it's not the same question. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,126 Views)

Not word for word.  But it is the same question.

You want to learn about PID control and haven't done some basic research yet to be able to ask more specific questions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,117 Views)