LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW: Memory is full

Hi Everyone,

I'm a rookie here trying to dig my way through Labview the best I can. I'm currently reading John Essicks hands-on intro to Labview and while doing one of the exercises I'm getting a Memory is Full message. I'm dead in the water at the moment with this and have no idea where to begin. Any chance I could get some assistance in what may be causing this issue to occur. Ive attached a screen shot of the block diagram as well as the message I'm receiving. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks, 

Greg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,677 Views)

Most participants will not open a *.docx file

a *.png snip (using the windos snip tool) is sometimes OK

Better: File>>Edit>>Create snipette from selection. and inline the image

BEST" use the LAVA Code Capture Tool and inline the image.

Either of the last two options embeds your code so we can see the hidden cases etc...  a picture in MS Word is basically useless unless the error is glaring at us 

In summary, If you want code fixed, attach code,  If you need a picture corrected attach the picture and what you would like it to look like.  You want code fixed.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,658 Views)

Jeff, thanks for the info. I'll look into getting my code properly upload tomorrow evening. As I mentioned I'm still very green with this so I appreciate your assistance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,646 Views)

I think your inputs may be causing some problems. I don't use the mathscript node much but is your sampling frequency is 0 your dt is 1/0. I'm not sure exactly how memory is being allocated for your specific code but I could see where that may lead to problems.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,635 Views)

Have you run this with actual numbers in all the controls and not just zeroes?

Your number of samples is 0 and goes into N.  Your stop point is (N-1) x deltaT.  Well 0 minus 1 is either -1 in which case your loop will never stop.  Or possibly rolls to a very large integer in which case that would run out of memory before it ends.

Why are you using this Mathscript node and not using regular LabVIEW nodes.  There is even a Ramp function that means you don't need a loop.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,632 Views)