LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Memory is ful error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey all, I was working with a vi on Monday and on restarting my computer today, I'm getting this error message:

Capture.PNG

From what I can tell In 2012, the only option was to start over from the top. Is this still the case 5 years later?

Edit: My code attached

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,787 Views)

It seems that the VI is corrupt. What is roughly its content?

Does it "run out of memory" also in 64bit LV?

That is exactly one major reason for using version control software. I hope you have one in place and already worked with it. Otherwise, it is very likely that you have to re-implement everything in the VI from scratch.....

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 6
(2,757 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ATE-EGNE

I think your VI is corrupt.  I tried opening it in LV 2015 64-bit just in case there was something silly like having storing some humongous array on the front panel or something, but it gave me some warning about DWarn 0x2673A311: How could we have read more bytes than the size of the thrall map?  I tried mass compiling the folder I put it into, but it didn't help.

If you have a backup of this file, you'll probably have to revert to it.  If you don't, well... I guess learning to wear your seat belt after a crash is helpful for next time.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 3 of 6
(2,754 Views)

Fair enough, I had only put about 4hrs of work into it, but it's still no fun redoing work. XD

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,748 Views)

I'll give it a check in LV 64, but I don't have high hopes XD

In terms of version control: Anything you can recommend for using with LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,747 Views)

I haven't seen anything that really gracefully handles LabVIEW and all the (binary) VIs and controls that it generates, but SVN (with the Tortoise front end) works well for just about anything, so that's what I use.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 6 of 6
(2,738 Views)