LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Linx : webservices doesn't work (on rPi4)

Hi,

First of all, I know I should post this on the Makerhub-forum but I've experienced that I hardly get any feedback there.

So I've created an application with LabVIEW 2020 and Linx toolkit (version 20.0.0-1b46). It's a simple application that uses http-calls

to determine sunrise and sunset timing, and then control my rolling shutters via GPIO.

I now want to create a web interface for this, and was writing the webservices VI's for the LabVIEW project on the PI.

However when I choose "Webservices > Start (debug server), it starts to deploy but at the end errors out with :

Failed to start the debug web server on the target. Check the target properties and ensure the configured port is not in use and that the Web Services Runtime component is installed.

Anybody has a clue how to enable web services on Linx raspberry Pi 4?

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,068 Views)

Hi ThomasV,

The beta forums would be the right place to ask questions related to the LabVIEW 2020 beta and the new LINX toolkits. If you are unable to access the beta forums you may need to register at http://www.ni.com/support/beta-program/

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(2,984 Views)

This answer has nothing to do with LabVIEW ???

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(2,962 Views)

It does.  But the first message talks about LabVIEW 2020.  That is not released yet.

If you have LabVIEW 2020, then you must be in the beta program and you need to ask your questions there.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(2,952 Views)

Though, Linx has been around since LV2014, and i'd assume the solution is the same, so if we just hide the 2020 part ... 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(2,936 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

Though, Linx has been around since LV2014, and i'd assume the solution is the same, so if we just hide the 2020 part ... 🙂

I would argue otherwise. While you can make the LabVIEW 2014 version of Lynx work on a RPi4, this definitely does not work out of the box at all and you need to do some manual tinkering to get it working like that. That is not even considering web services.

With web services thrown into the challenge, things get even more complicated as shown by the link that was provided in this thread (which was just about web services in general on any RPi and without any LabVIEW/Lynx involved). With both RPi4 and LabVIEW/Lynx added into the mix, potential troubles increase exponentially and there is a good chance that unless you know the low level Linux kernel and the high level layer on the RPi pretty intimately you won't get this working without substantial help from LabVIEW R&D, which won't spend one single second on the old Lynx version.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 7 of 16
(2,929 Views)

i assume you are a member of the beta (since you have access to LV 2020). Please review the posts in the beta forum, there were similar issues with the first beta that were either answered or fixed in later ones. If this is a new issue, please post your issue so that the dev team is aware and can look at it

Message 8 of 16
(2,895 Views)

I have posted the same question in the beta forums :

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Beta-Feedback/LabVIEW-2020-Linx-Raspberry-Pi-Webservices-not-workin...

However still nothing about how to handle this error. Or enabling webservices on rPi.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(2,886 Views)

LabVIEW on rPi is hardly NI's first priority.

Since you want to be a pioneer, it is not unexpected that you would encounter difficultes.

Message 10 of 16
(2,884 Views)