LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW: How do you create a DLL

Can someone point me to a procedure where we can create a DLL file using Labview.

We need a SCPI (similar to GPIB) Open, Read, Write, Close as a DLL in Labview that I can call for testing using TestStand.

Idleally, I would like it to allow a faceplate for manual testing, but also answer to a call from TestStand as a DLL.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,556 Views)

@Mikef wrote:

Can someone point me to a procedure where we can create a DLL file using Labview.

We need a SCPI (similar to GPIB) Open, Read, Write, Close as a DLL in Labview that I can call for testing using TestStand.

Idleally, I would like it to allow a faceplate for manual testing, but also answer to a call from TestStand as a DLL.

Mike

Is there some reason you can't use LabVIEW VIs directly in TestStand?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,553 Views)

If you have application builder license, setup under build specification to make a shared library (DLL). It builds all the partds needed for a DLL (header, dll etc.).

Not sure you have to have it for what you are doing, but there it is.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,537 Views)

And what the heck is a faceplate? Do you mean a front panel? If so, then you have to manually change the setting to remove all front panels.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,531 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:

And what the heck is a faceplate? Do you mean a front panel? If so, then you have to manually change the setting to remove all front panels.

Sigh... while we are at it, SCPI is not at all similar to GPIB, although an instrument may use SCPI commands over GPIB.  I sense a huge learning curve up ahead...  😞

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,517 Views)