LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Generate Error -2146827284 With Microsoft Excel

LabVIEW Generate Error -2146827284 With Microsoft Excel

I have a VI(uses report gen toolkit) which generates report, this is done by calling a pre-created Excel template and then saves data into this copy as report.

I have installed Microsoft excel 2013 and no other MS-office components.

When I run the VI it give this "Error -2146827284" and says unknow error source or may be 3rd party activex of different environment.

And Excel report(from template) is generated in the specefic folder, but no data is logged in the report.

Can anybody had similar prob? kindly share probable solution,

Thanks

Vishal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,926 Views)

Could you drill down into the report generation VI and locate the exact node that is giving the problem? I do not have Office 2013 so I can't do it on my own. I suspect Microsoft changed the calling convention of a method (which they often do) and it broke something in the report generation toolkit.

Charles Chickering
Architecture is art with rules.

...and the rules are more like guidelines
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,923 Views)

I ran with Excel 2007 and gave same error. I will get the exact node and share here.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,917 Views)

I am having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,594 Views)

@ajh wrote:

I am having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

This is a very generic error message. It is highly probable that somebody solution will not work for you. You need to identify the vi that throws the error by probing your code. You also need to specify the ActiveX library installed on your system and your Excel version. Specifying the OS is also valuable information. Also post your code so we can take a look at it.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,585 Views)