LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW FPGA Module internal software error -- 61499

Solved!
Go to solution

I am receiving the following error (in a pop-up window) in the sompilation stage for the FPGA target with a vhdl IP. This error continues to happen even after restarting LabVIEW and the PC. Is anyone solved this kind of problem before without re-installing the software? 

Here is the error information:

Error -61499 occurred at niFpgaXml_GetValue_String.vi<-niFpgaXml_SetValue_String.vi<-niFpgaBuild_Configure_AddToJobList.vi<-niFpgaCompileWorker_StartCompilation.vi<-niFpgaCompile_Worker.vi:1

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW FPGA: An internal software error in the LabVIEW FPGA Module has occurred. Please contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support.

Additional Information: Missing required XML tag (/CompileServerList)

At first, I can compile the vhdl IP node succesfully. However, one time when I am running a VI with the FPGA, the desktop stop working. After I restarted it by force, it cannot run the compilation of any vhdl IP node. Even without connecing the board to LabView, it will report the errors before the sompilation finishes. 

Interestingly, for the VIs that also includes vhdl IP nodes which I succesfully compiled before, I can still run the VI with the board and it works correctly. 

Thanks, 

Message 1 of 4
(4,395 Views)

Here is the snip shot for the error information and the software version.

labview error.png

nisoft.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,391 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yongxin

Sounds like your ActiveJobsList somehow got corrupted. I've seen it happen when computers are hard shutdown or blue screen when compiling. I only have LabVIEW 2014 installed on my machine, so your path will be a bit different, and the file extension will be either a .txt or .xml instead of .json, but try this:

Move the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\rvi\CDR\niFpgaActiveJobList.json" (or your equivalent) out of the aforementioned directory (back it up and delete it basically), and restart LabVIEW. It should regenerate the file and fix the issue.

Cheers!

TJ G
Message 3 of 4
(4,372 Views)

@T-REX$ wrote:

Sounds like your ActiveJobsList somehow got corrupted. I've seen it happen when computers are hard shutdown or blue screen when compiling. I only have LabVIEW 2014 installed on my machine, so your path will be a bit different, and the file extension will be either a .txt or .xml instead of .json, but try this:

Move the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\rvi\CDR\niFpgaActiveJobList.json" (or your equivalent) out of the aforementioned directory (back it up and delete it basically), and restart LabVIEW. It should regenerate the file and fix the issue.

Hi TJ G,

In LabView 2010, it is "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\rvi\CDR\niFpgaActiveJobList.txt". It is exactly what you mentioned. Problem is solved 🙂

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,368 Views)