LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW FPGA Compiler Missing Error

Solved!
Go to solution

There have been topics over the years about LabVIEW FPGA Compilers not working.  One common theme was that there were issues using the local compiler server on Window10 PCs.

I'm trying to compile for the cRIO-9040 FPGA.  I'm running LabView 2022 Q3.  I have LabVIEW FPGA Module (32-bit) for 2022 Q3, and LabVIEW FPGA Compilation Tool for Vivado 2021.1 (Ver 2022 Q3) installed.  I get the same errors that many have already received (see attached photos). 

Are there still issues using the local compile server with Windows 10?

CompileWarn1.jpg

CompileError1.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(861 Views)

You mention installing LabVIEW FPGA Compilation Tool for Vivado 2021.1 but the configuration is looking for Vivado 2019.1

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(852 Views)

So you are saying this isn't a case of the most recent tool has all the previous updates rolled into it?

I'll try anything at this point.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(849 Views)

Not sure how the config was setup but that is what I see from your images.

ALE Consultants

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(839 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author stgislander

I don't ever remember being asked what tool to use, but 2019.1 is the one it wanted. (Installing 2019.1 required I reboot my PC.)  Anyway it's compiling now. 

A couple people told me to download the latest tool which is 2021.1.  Obviously it is not just a rollup of earlier versions.

Thanks for assist.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(836 Views)

@stgislander wrote:

I don't ever remember being asked what tool to use, but 2019.1 is the one it wanted. (Installing 2019.1 required I reboot my PC.)  Anyway it's compiling now. 

A couple people told me to download the latest tool which is 2021.1.  Obviously it is not just a rollup of earlier versions.

Thanks for assist.

The Vivado version is (automatically) based on a combination of LabVIEW version and product.

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/compatibility/19/compatibility-between-xilinx-compila... has this information.  The drop-downs are empty (I reported the issue yesterday).

Not sure why in your case it went for Vivado 2019.1.  Your version of LabVIEW is reported as 2022Q3.

I typically install using NI Package Manager and that typically knows to put in the right Vivado version.

ALE Consultants

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(768 Views)