LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW FPGA 2013 compilation error

When I tried to compile a really simple FPGA VI with LabVIEW 2013, it gives an error :

LabVIEW FPGA: Some of the compilation steps were not executed.

Refer to the Xilinx Log report for more information or contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support.

Compilation Time
---------------------------
Date submitted: 27/10/2014 5:11 PM
Date results were retrieved: 27/10/2014 5:12 PM
Time waiting in queue: 00:06
Time compiling: 00:09
- PlanAhead: 00:00
- Synthesis - Xst: 00:02

When I look at the Xilinx log, there is just a blank file.

However, when I do the compile a really simple FPGA VI with LabVIEW 2012, it successfully compiles.

Does anyone knows why it happens? Is there any error log that I can look at in order to find where the error source is?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,251 Views)

Can you share the code?  It's hard to guess why it didn't compile when you've offered almost nothing related to the code itself.

What does the summary say?  Which step did it say it failed the compilation on?

Did you try to compile it once or multiple times?  FPGA compilation is pretty random.  The same code can fail once and succeed the second time.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,240 Views)

Dear natasftw,

I do not think it's the code's problem. I even tried compiling a blank VI, and it gave me the same error. I copied the summary on the main thread. It says the compilation failed on synthesis. There is nothing else that is really helpful. I tried to compile it a lot of times (about 30-40 ish) . Everytime it gave the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,213 Views)

Hi there,

What version of FPGA Module and Xilinx Tools do you have installed? Did you recently install LabVIEW 2013? Have you applied any patches to the installed modules? Just wondering as this article may be relevant: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5812D36C9F85391A86257CBB00687A97?OpenDocument

What device are you compiling for?

Daniel C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,206 Views)

Thank you dnchen,

The patch you gave me actually solves another FPGA problem of mine. I could not open the compile worker on another PC. After I install the patch, it worked fine. However, installing this patch does not solve the problem in this thread. Anyways, thank you for pointing it out tho.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,200 Views)

Glad that the patch solved a different issue for you.

Could you give me more info on your software configuration? What are the exact versions of the following software?

• LabVIEW
  • LabVIEW FPGA Module
  • Xilinx Tools

Did you recently install LabVIEW 2013?

Daniel C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,176 Views)

Hi Daniel,

Yesterday I re-installed all the LabVIEW software, and there is no more issue. Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,171 Views)

dnchen 已写:

Glad that the patch solved a different issue for you.

Could you give me more info on your software configuration? What are the exact versions of the following software?

• LabVIEW
  • LabVIEW FPGA Module
  • Xilinx Tools

Did you recently install LabVIEW 2013?

Hi,

I have the same problem when i build FPGA. The following is my labview and compile version.{Q25]MDAASZ[@{}DR7Q0)`V.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,756 Views)

Hi 小66,

It seems you have some corrupted software, you can try force reinstalling your FPGA module, download it from ni.com and follow this Knowledge Base Article http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ADD22E807D5A12AD862579EC00760F79

I think it is better if you uninstall and reinstall all NI software http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AC6ED75D3D93375686256E8E00245F0D

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,740 Views)

Thank you for your advice, i will first the FPGA module. And the restall all the NI software. A big project.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,732 Views)