From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW EMG sensor

Hello,

Can I use myoware EMG sensor with labview without myDAQ or myRIO?

And how can I build an EMG acquiring VI if I have the EMG data already (without using external hardware, only labVIEW)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,102 Views)

The only way LabVIEW can get information on something is through a hardware interface of some kind.   Looking at that device it seems like it just outputs an analog voltage and nothing else.

You don't have to use a DAQ or RIO but you do have to use something.  If you don't want to buy any professional DAQ hardware of any kind, you could solder the output voltage up to an analog microphone input on your PC if you have one and see if you can read that?  It's kind of a weird solution though.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,060 Views)

@JoodFA wrote:

And how can I build an EMG acquiring VI if I have the EMG data already (without using external hardware, only labVIEW)?

If you already have the data, there is no longer any need to acquire it, right?

Are you trying to build a simulation? A VI that analyzes existing emg data?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,042 Views)

yeah yeah sorry I meant process it and use it to control LEDs. Do you have a VI for it or can you help me make one? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,017 Views)

Suppose you had EMG data and you wanted to do something like "find when the muscle was most active".  And assume all you had was Matlab.  What would be the first thing you should do?

1. Learn Matlab.
  2. Go on the Web to a Matlab Forum and ask someone if they had "an .m file for it or could you help me make one?"
  3. Find a fellow student or Friendly Instructor and have them teach/mentor you.
  4. Hire a Matlab expert.

Now, change "Matlab" to LabVIEW and apply.  The Forum can be a very helpful place to ask for help with your existing VI that doesn't quite work, provided (of course) that you "attach your VI" (what your teachers called "show your work").

I realize you may be influenced by SARS-Cov2 and the rules imposed by Covid-19.  I'm assuming you are under the age of 30, so are a whiz in phone/computer communication technology, and can have "face-to-face meetings" with your friends over the Internet.  The "Good News" is that deadlines are probably going to be relaxed ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,014 Views)

@JoodFA wrote:

yeah yeah sorry I meant process it and use it to control LEDs. Do you have a VI for it or can you help me make one? 

These are very generic words and tell us absolutely nothing.

• There are millions of different ways (at least!!!) to "process" something (average, filter, smooth, fit, diagnose, delete, detrend, interpolate, etc. etc.). What exactly do you have in mind?
  • What should the LEDs indicate? How many LEDs? Dynamic as the data is played back or static based on overall result? Are these physical LEDs connected via hardware (... but you said "no hardware"!)  or virtual LEDs on the front panel.

With the current lack of any real information, nobody can help you "make one". Seriously.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,010 Views)