LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Community 2021

Dear All

I've twice downloaded the ni-labview-2021-community-x86_21.0.0_offline.iso and tried to install it from (a) the ISO in Windows 10 Pro, (b) a DVD and (c) a USB stick.

All attempts have failed - all I see at the end of the aborted installation is the NI Package Manager, the Datasocket folder and the License Manager folder.

Can anyone advise as to what's wrong? I'm getting somewhat frustrated...

Cheers, rogerd

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,093 Views)

@rogerd wrote:

Dear All

I've twice downloaded the ni-labview-2021-community-x86_21.0.0_offline.iso and tried to install it from (a) the ISO in Windows 10 Pro, (b) a DVD and (c) a USB stick.

All attempts have failed - all I see at the end of the aborted installation is the NI Package Manager, the Datasocket folder and the License Manager folder.

Can anyone advise as to what's wrong? I'm getting somewhat frustrated...

Cheers, rogerd

Did your PC melt down into a pool of metal sludge?  Did it reformat your hard drive?  Until you give us some details about how it fails, we can't really help you.

Imagine going to a car forum and posting "My car doesn't work.  Can anyone advise as to what's wrong?"  Please help us to help you by providing more detail.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,053 Views)

Dear Bill

In reply to your message, I didn't expect clairvoyance as to what is causing this installation failure. I've stated the OS (Win 10 Pro) and the ISO (ni-labview-2021-community-x86_21.0.0_offline.iso) and have followed the Installation guide provided on the NI Community Edition website. I'm new to LabVIEW.

I was just wondering there were examples of anyone else experiencing this failure. Having worked for a number of years in air traffic and navigation simulation systems utilising large distributed real-time computing environments, as well as SCADA systems, I suspect that LabVIEW is quite picky as to its environment.

In fact, if it is THAT fussy, then perhaps I should examine other alternatives such as Forth or Python.

Patronising new users doesn't help, either.

Regards, rogerd

Message 3 of 4
(997 Views)

@rogerd wrote:

Dear Bill

In reply to your message, I didn't expect clairvoyance as to what is causing this installation failure. I've stated the OS (Win 10 Pro) and the ISO (ni-labview-2021-community-x86_21.0.0_offline.iso) and have followed the Installation guide provided on the NI Community Edition website. I'm new to LabVIEW.

I was just wondering there were examples of anyone else experiencing this failure. Having worked for a number of years in air traffic and navigation simulation systems utilising large distributed real-time computing environments, as well as SCADA systems, I suspect that LabVIEW is quite picky as to its environment.

In fact, if it is THAT fussy, then perhaps I should examine other alternatives such as Forth or Python.

Patronising new users doesn't help, either.

Regards, rogerd

I don't think it was patronizing at all.  How are we supposed to know what failed if you don't tell us how it failed?  I'm super-glad that you work on such complicated stuff, but that information doesn't help.  (But the divulging of it does clue me in to what kind of personality type I am dealing with.)  What would help is if you could post any installation error messages and stuff like that.  The reason is because, while LabVIEW itself isn't particularly fussy with the environment it is installed into, NI's "new way" of installing stuff can fail in so many different ways that it we really have no idea what "this failure" means.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(960 Views)