LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Code Source Distribution with "Conditionnal Structure Disable"

Hi All,

I'm using the Lv 2012 Code Source Distribution Tool. I discovered the issue described below. I would like to know if is it a bug, or if it's a normal behavior.

1. In a simple project, with a VI "Main.vi", I create a conditionnal disable structure with 2 cases: One case "TARGET_TYPE==RT" and one for defaut. Then I put a  dummy VI (Dummy.vi) in he "TARTGET_TYPE==RT" case, and nothing in the defaut case.

As I'm on Windows, the default case is enabled, and the other case is disabled. My VI is ready to run.

2. I create a Distribution from the "Main.vi", all is fine. My distribution is done correctly.

3. I close Lv, and delete "Dummy.vi" from my HD.

4. Reopen the projet with Lv, and reopen my "Main.vi". My VI is still runnable even if the Dummy VI is missing (The mising VI is called in the disabled case)

5. Now, if I try to create a Code Distribution, it will fail because Lv is not able to find the "Dummy.vi".

My question is:

Is it a normal behavior?  If yes, it means that any Lv code containing disabled macro structure with some specific code (RT or FPGA) can not be delivered with source code distribution under certain conditions.

Thanks.

Cordialement,
Raphael T
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,091 Views)

My question is:

Is it a normal behavior?

Yes,  Because the source distribution cannot predict the target you will install it on (it cannot evaluate the condition) it must contain the potentially reachable code.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,087 Views)